FIREFLIES ACADEMY ENROLLMENT PROCESS
- Rolling admissions
- Pinellas County School calendar year will be followed
- Pre-admission application
- Submission of a neuropyschological/psychological evaluation performed within the last year, which includes a diagnosis of severe to moderate neurodevelopmental disabilities, Autism, ADHD and/or related disorders If a recent neurodevelopmental evaluation cannot be obtained, a child's eligibility for enrollment will be determined after the initial evaluation with the Executive Director and a full school day experience accompanied by a parent/caregiver.
- Academic & Achievement Testing from previous school(s)
- Interview and evaluation with the Executive Director and tour of the facility
- A full school day experience and student observation accompanied by a parent/caregiver
- Eligibility for enrollment determination
- Annual Registration fee of $50 and an annual one-time materials fee for the year of $500
- Annual $1,000 deposit to secure your spot in the upcoming school year (which will be deducted from your annual tuition)
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT
- Each student must present a copy of a birth certificate
- Each student must present a certification of school-entry health examination performed within one year before enrollment (Department of Health Form 3040)
- Each student must submit Department of Health Form 680 documenting immunizations to prevent communicable diseases. Immunizations, with age-appropriate doses, are required for poliomyelitis, diphtheria, rubeola (measles), rubella (German measles), pertussis, mumps, tetanus, and other communicable diseases as determined by the rules of the Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services.
- An Immunization Annual Report of Compliance will be completed by Fireflies Academy for any kindergarten or seventh -grade students enrolled. Fireflies Academy will collect the necessary form (Department of Health Form 684) from Florida county health departments. ss. 1002.42(6) and 1003.22(8), F.S.
- Children entering, attending, or transferring to the sixth grade in Florida schools are required to have a scoliosis screening. Parents/Guardians will need to have the provided Scoliosis Screening Form completed and signed by a physician.
ENRICHMENT PROGRAM: AM & PM
- Registration Fee: $25
- Hours: 7:30AM-8:30AM
- Breakfast to be sent in with each child
- Appropriate eating habits will be taught and reinforced utilizing utensils
- Daily Living Skills (e.g. spreading butter, peanut butter, or jelly on toast; washing your hands; brushing your teeth)
- Registration Fee: $25
- Hours: 2:30PM-5:30PM
- Music, movement, and art
- Reinforcement of the day's lessons